Thursday, August 11, 2011

Faery's First Award

Hello, my dear friends!

Yes, I'm back from my holidays. Yes, that soon... ;) Imagine my surprise, when I found this delightful award in the mail:


A huge huge thanks to dear Veronika from Sea of Girasoles for choosing Faery! :)
(See her post here.)

Apparently there are a few rules attached to it:

1.Link back to the person who passed you the award
2.Share 7 random things about yourself
3.Award 10/15 blogs
4.Drop them a note to tell them about it

But... rules are meant to be broken, right? Muahahaha ;)

So I've decided to work my way around them, that is to respect the ones I think are interesting, and not take as seriously the ones I don't like as much.

For instance, I re-designed the icon image for the award, for... how could it be lovely if pixelated? :D (If you need it in its full size, don't hesitate to send me an e-mail and I'll gladly send it to you).

The 7 random things idea, however, seems quite fun, so here they are:


My dear piano

1. I'm a very musical sort of person. I not only listen to it every minute of the day (who doesn't, nowadays?), but I also enjoy very much playing the piano and singing (mostly in the shower or when nobody's home, as I'm kind of shy about it, but I'm working on my confidence... :D).


Baby me!


2. When I was little, my hair reached right under my ears, which gave my head a slightly mushroom-like shape... :D I was still the cutest little girl of the class, of course! ;)


A guilty pleasure me and my mom share: Chanel Nail Polishes. :)

3. I've bit my nails for most of my life. I managed to stop a couple of years ago, but every time I let my guard down or one of my nails break... :S


4. My mom's a very very good dermatologist. Which means that yes, I do get a lot of freebies in terms of sunscreen, skin and acne-friendly creams and treatments, and even (if we're lucky!) make-up, but it also means having gotten used to not seeing her as often as I'd like, and being VERY VERY careful with the sun. Actually, now that I think of it, I might do an informative post about it some day. ;)


5. No surprise here as I'm sure most of you are like me, but I buy the Spanish Vogue and InStyle every month and, when I can (or when my / my mom's travels allow it), any of the foreign Vogues. I also sometimes buy Harper's Bazaar, Vanidad, H Magazine or V magazine, among others.



These beauties are from Mango, and my yearning for Fall feeds greatly on them. :)

6. (In case you hadn't noticed yet) I'm very short. As in extremely so. I measure around 151-152 cm, which equals, if the converter I checked is right, to 5'5''.


My powerful weapons

7. I don't know if this counts as it's already on the 'about me' page, but anyway, for those of you who don't know, I just finished my 1st year of the BA Honours in Fashion Design at the IED (Instituto Europeo di Design) in Barcelona, which is a title convalidated by the University of Westminster in England. I'm not sure at 100% that I want to be a designer in the future: there are just so many things one can do in the fashion world, I don't want to close any doors just yet. I just want to learn as much as I possibly can and see where life leads me. Actually, I've managed to find an internship in Paris this September with a french brand called Eden Park (yayyy! :D) where if all goes well, I'll be the assistant to a stylist and Product Manager of the Women's Collection within the brand, and we might be able to go to some of the events Paris has to offer during the fashion month, like for example the 'Who's Next' fair. It's all just very exciting, and I can't wait to share this experience with you guys! :)

Anyway, here are the blogs I've decided to award with this Lovely Blog Award:

*drums* And the Oscar goes to...

· 1972projects, for wonderfully written articles, always interesting and fashion-forward.
· Advanced Style, for truly inspirational posts about ladies who really know the meaning of 'style'.
· Cashmere and Candy, for my friend Alexa, who's not only as sweet and funny as can be, but also drop-dead stylish. ;)
· Chic et Pic, for 2 lovely french girls, and a blog that unveils the hidden secrets of Aix-en-Provence.
· Cinnamon Girl, for the yummiest blog of all! :)
· Crímenes de la Moda, for a very stylish girl on often not-so-stylish celebs... :D
· Edelweiss by Sarah, for a very talented Brooklyn-based designer that blows fairy dust onto everything she does. :)
· El Jardín de los Muffins, for all things eco-friendly and fun!
· Fashezine, for the prettiest red-head in the blogosphere. ;)
· Fashstash, for all things fashion-forward and cool. :)
· iamappleorchard, for Erika and her 1001 ways to style black outifts... and look beautiful every time! :)
· Nubia's Nonsense, for a NYC girl's unique sense of style... and a whole lot of nonsense! ;)
· The Devil Likes Your Style, for a dynamic duo of style and macarons! :)
· The Style Manual, for the most amazing cheekbones I've ever seen, and a style equally modern and timeless.
· Wild Young Heart, for being sweet sweet sweet. :)

Thank you all for being as inspiring and amazing as you are!




Follow Faery




[All content & photos are by me unless specified otherwise. I'm happy if you decide to copy and keep them in your computer as reference, or post them in your blog or anywhere you want. But you MUST put my name or a link to the blog somewhere, saying where you took them from. Not putting anything is in my opinion almost as bad as saying you took them yourself.]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!! :)

Laura