Sunday, April 1, 2012

Waterfowl appendix

Hi there!

I didn't think of showing you this for my last post, but you might find it interesting:


This is actually the flat drawing of the Waterfowl dress, Front and Back views. As designers, we can sketch out first ideas in any form we want, but in order for those to be communicated to a team of patternmakers, cutters, dressmakers and even salespeople, these have to then be transformed into technical plates, at the base of which are these computerized drawings made with Adobe Illustrator.

Purists will be right to say that this is not really a technical drawing because it's colorized, but it looks nicer that way, and I thought it would be better for you to see.

I hope you enjoy these last few hours of weekend, and Happy April Fool's Day! ;)



Follow Faery



[All content & photos are by me unless specified otherwise. I'm happy if you decide to copy and keep them in your computer as reference, or post them in your blog or anywhere you want. But you MUST put my name or a link to the blog somewhere, saying where you took them from. Not putting anything is in my opinion almost as bad as saying you took them yourself.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!! :)

Laura